Sunday, May 9, 2010

Camp

We had been working on camp for quite a while and it finally happened last weekend. Grandpa and I had been working on a pirate ship complete with sail, mast, crows nest, cannons and a ship's wheel. It was about 18 feet long. We made trips carrying all the stuff to the camp at Agua Viva about a half an hour east of Ensenada, Mexico. Last Saturday, 106 kids arrived and began to have fun. There were team games and individual activities. Activities included song times, Bible lessons, group game time, free time to play with radio-controlled cars, BB guns, archery, jump for joys, playtime in the water, ropes and confidence games, crafts, eat popcorn, play soccer or get a ride on a motorcycle. The food was great and the kids had a blast. Three kids made decisions for Christ on the weekend. I worked on making buttons for the kids with their pictures on them. The theme of the camp was a pirates. The kids looked for the gran tresoro. The great treasure found on Sunday morning was the word of God. Several boys from Tribu de Jesus were there and it was fun playing with them. The Music team was awesome and the tech team provided sound, sound effects, lighting, smoke and bubbles. All the staff were great. The Bible teaching was right on the money challenging these young boys to grow into men of God. I can't wait for next year. I will post some camp pictures in the photo section of the website this week. On a personal note: I got a traffic ticket in Ensenada for running through an imaginary traffic light. I went down on Wednesday and paid my fine of $23.00.

This month is a very busy one. We have a washday on the 15th, A trip to Tribu on the 22nd and Spirit West Coast on the 28-30th. The first weekend in June I will be going to the Baja 500 to work with Team Honda.

Spirit West Coast is a very large Christian music festival held annually at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. We will have a booth representing Spectrum Ministries. This month has been such a blessing. God is answering our prayers to become a full time missionary with Spectrum. Now I am working 3.5 days a week with Spectrum. I received some additional support in April that will help move me closer to working another day with Spectrum. I am thankful for all your support. I hope to move to 4.5 days a week at the end of the summer.

Check out the article under projects later this week about collecting jewelry and prizes for the girls that Hortensia works with. I am very excited about this ministry.

I have been nursing my truck along with a bad engine for a while now and it is going in for repairs tomorrow. I am very thankful for this and hope the job will be done in time for the 500. We also get our Suburban out of the transmission shop tomorrow. It had a very difficult problem that Rafa at Turbo Transmission has been helping us with. We sure have missed it and are very glad to have it to use again.

We have a full schedule for the summer with groups from all over the country coming down to serve with us. Work is progressing on our new building in Ejido. We have a lot of plans to reach out to the neighborhood from this facility.

Brenda& I are coming to the end of our present Spanish class. Please keep us in prayer that we will continue to grow in our understanding of Spanish.
Thank you for all of your support and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment